Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Earth Day Bulletin Board

The World is in Our Hands
  • I started off by taking a picture of each of my students holding an inflatable globe. Students LOVE seeing themselves in the hallway :)
    • I used my iPhone to take the pictures and then a free editing app to add the white border around each photo.
  • Next, as an art project, we used coffee filters to make our Earth. This was SUPER easy! Students just scribble on the filter in green and blue washable markers (or any colors if they so choose). Then you spray the filter with a water bottle (make sure it's on mist!). The water spreads the marker for a really cool watercolor effect!
  • Lastly, I found an Earth Day Pledge bookmark template. I had the students fill these out, color them, and then I laminated it for them to use once I took the bulletin board down.

No comments:

Post a Comment